Department of Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
BCA Course is an undergraduate program where students are exposed to various areas of computer applications including the latest developments in the industry. It offers an important preparatory level graduate course especially in the context of IT industry. The Department of Computer Application envisions imparting high eminence skills in software development to excel in Software Industry and to train the students to develop the soft skills with global standards and enhance their knowledge in Information Technology.
Our course covers all fundamentals, working and advanced concepts that provide a learning environment where students understand and are able to apply the most contemporary and essential tools needed for the in-depth knowledge of computer science.
The course is divided across six semesters in three years. The curriculum is designed in such a way as to teach the vertical and horizontal aspects which enable the students to get groomed for the IT industry. The students are provided with training to design, develop, and implement computer applications using modern information technology tools.
HIGHLIGHTS of BCA @ VICT
- Highly equipped air conditioned computer laboratory with 300 Computers, 2 Servers, 7 switches, Hubs, LCD Monitors, routers and Intrusion Detection System.
- Aims to develop academically competent and professionally motivated personnel, equipped with objective and critical thinking that compassionately foster the scientific temper with a sense of social responsibility.
- The library with its prescribed books and Digital Library helps students to update themselves with the recent trends in the industry.
- 24*7 Wi-Fi enabled environment to assist student and faculty around clock.
- The class room is designed with an IT environment consisting of projectors that facilitates interactive learning.
- All practical are performed by individual students.
- The department also has the objectives of providing experience in leadership, management, Planning and organization in addition to real world hands-on industry experience.
- Various events organized to develop student’s technical mind throughout the year for example- Techno Savvy club events, Interclass Competitions, Seminars and Guest Lectures.
- Students are given exposure to the real world problems via technical clubs like the S. Nadella club, Cybernetics club and Zukerberg club.
- In-house project in the final year of BCA, assisting one faculty to each student personally.
- Parents are informed on individual basis about the student’s performance.
- A student mentoring system has been evolved for giving personal touch to each of the students. A faculty member has about 20 students with them. The faculty member provides constant support and every piece of advice whenever he/she faces a problem with any aspect of the curricula.
- Incubation center is being developed for the technological development of students.
- Institution provides micro level monitored academic environment.
- BCA graduates can start up their career in either Government sector or private sector since there are a lot of employment opportunities in both these sectors. This degree helps the students to get a sound knowledge on computer applications with the help of which they can have a perfect launch pad for challenging career in the field of information technology.
- The courses of BCA will provide jobs in the IT sectors. The renowned companies Infosys, Wipro, TCS, Tech-Mahindra, Accenture, etc have recruited students from Vidya.
- The department has a good record, as many students have been placed well in good IT Companies through campus placement. The curriculum and the lab training help the students in acquiring excellence in their career.
- If one wishes to become a software Developer or web-designer or wants to take up a career in systems management, then BCA is the best course to get an early start for their careers.
- Job opportunities can be found in both large and small software development organizations as well as hardware companies.